Hard question - is it worth investing in a water softener?
What if I told you that while you're renovating your kitchen you can install a device which will prolong the life of your appliances, will make washing your bath/shower easier, make your skin softer, your cuppas tastier, and your hair shinier? Sounds too good to be true right? It's not, as you might have already guessed from the title of this post I'm talking about the water softener. So, do you need one? Please note - I have written this article after experiencing the benefits of water softeners first hand, and can say they are a good investment.
Water softeners have microscopic resin beads which filter your water and trap the hardness minerals such as calcium and magnesium through a ion-exchange process. This means that all the water which enters your property will pass through the water softener first, and then will be distributed to your taps/appliances. First of all - please take a few seconds to go on this website HERE and enter your postcode to check the level of hardness of water in your area. If the results show that you live in a medium or hard water area you should consider getting a water softener installed at the same time as your kitchen for a number of reasons:
- Shinier home - scale will disappear to uncover beautiful shinier surfaces which means you'll have to spend less time and products on cleaning.
- Shinier hair - ditch the lavish shampoos for a lifelong solution to bad hair days - soft water makes your hair glossier.
- Softer skin - help to soothe your skin by using softened water.
- Use less products - you will notice that you will have to use less shampoo and soap to get the lather.
- Longer lasting appliances - no more limescale means your appliances' internal components won't get damaged and will serve you longer and trouble free.
- Cheaper bills - your pipes will descale over time and will make your hot water/heating system more efficient which will in turn save you on your bills.
It is easy to install a water softener when you are re-doing your kitchen (although you can have it installed at any time), and I think the benefits are definitely worthwhile for you to consider this piece of amazing technology if you are living in a hard water area.
Written with help from Harvey Water Softeners
Have any questions? Feel free to pick up the phone and give me a call on 0203 544 4281 or e-mail email@example.com